Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHPSUEXEC :: Location of custom php.ini file for customer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmcpanel, Aug 7, 2004.

1. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I have read thread after thread about PHPSUEXEC and using custom php.ini files in customer root directories.

Though I have searched tirelessly, I have yet to find a definitive answer to the following...

1. What location should the custom php.ini file be placed...
    --> /home/user
    or
    --> /home/user/public_html
    or
    --> /home/user/somethingelse?

2. What permissions to chmod to?

3. What ownership (I am assuming "user.user" )

4. Does httpd need to be restarted if you place a custom php.ini file in a customer site once you make updates to their php.ini?

I have seen conflicting answers to some of these questions in other threads. Accurate answers to these questions will be most appreciated.

2. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Place the custom ini file in the directory it's being used. for instance on my server I have register globals off - so to run oscommerce I need a php.ini in both the install directory and the one below called admin.

httpd does not need restarting. Just upload via ftp - permissions and ownership will be correct. (yes that does mean user.user).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Faldran

Faldran Well-Known Member

I always chmod php.ini to 601 or 611 just so no one can view it.. from the web.

4. php-dawg

php-dawg Active Member

This is not working for me. I have placed a custom php.ini into my customers public_html directory where the file is being run from. phpinfo() shows register_globals = on.