The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpup question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VeZoZ, Oct 6, 2009.

1. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm looking at running that to upgrade strictly PHP and I have a question about it. It builds PHP based off of /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/_last_success.yaml . If I wanted to change that file to switch some things it should go through fine assuming it all builds correctly?

The reason I ask is even if mpm_worker is not selected and you're not using dso as long as you have Apache 2.2 it will build the thread safe versions of modules (pdo for example). That is causing some issues and I'd like to strictly upgrade PHP and have it use non thread safe modules. So I figured I'd modify the /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/_last_success.yaml file and change the portion about Apache from version: 2_2 to version: 2 and also if it is enabled disable worker.

So will this work? It's not going to blow up saying the success file is not correct and the configuration does not match what's running.

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Why not just compile PHP manually?

3. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Probably should not stop there and just do away with cPanel entirely ;) Using it's build system makes things easier to manage.

4. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    For anyone curious I was able to do this. I ended up copying the /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/ folder from another machine and using it. Worked with no issues what so ever :)

5. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Apparently you haven't seen my build system. ;)

Actually truth be known, I am currently involved in a new control panel development project presently.

However, doesn't change the fact that manually compiling PHP is much simpler than using EasyApache. Just one of those areas where having a menu isn't necessarily better.