cPanel & WHM Version
88.0 (build 13)

seieric

Jul 25, 2020
Japan
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I use shared hosting with cPanel, CloudLinux, and LiteSpeed.
These days, my "physical memory usage" in my cPanel shows 2.6Gbyte of 4.0Gbyte. I know what it means, but I don't know which process is using lots of memory resources.

I tried several things below
- run "ps aux" in the terminal.
- delete all cron jobs
- check resource usage in cPanel

How can I specify the process eating lots of RAMs?? or decrease the memory usage

Last edited:

PenguinInternet

PartnerNOC
Jun 20, 2007
Cardiff, UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
It's quite normal to see large amounts of RAM being used - the operating system will dynamically allocate RAM for caching so as to enhance performance, therefore this won't all be used by processes alone. Top will show you what is being used for caching, as will the output of "free -bt"

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Your hosting provider should also be able to tell you what scripts are causing the high memory consumption on your account as well. You can also use statistics programs in Metrics to view high traffic scripts along with how much memory each visit uses which can help point you in the right direction.

Reactions: seieric

seieric

Jul 25, 2020
Japan
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
It's quite normal to see large amounts of RAM being used - the operating system will dynamically allocate RAM for caching so as to enhance performance, therefore this won't all be used by processes alone. Top will show you what is being used for caching, as will the output of "free -bt"
Thank you PenguinInternet,

I didn't know that. I will ask about it my hosting provider.

seieric

Jul 25, 2020
Japan
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Your hosting provider should also be able to tell you what scripts are causing the high memory consumption on your account as well. You can also use statistics programs in Metrics to view high traffic scripts along with how much memory each visit uses which can help point you in the right direction.
Thank you cPanelLauren
I couldn't find statistics programs in the Metrics section. Anyway, I will ask my hosting provider.