The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pick a day for weekly backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jamina1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jamina1

jamina1 Member

Ok, so our problem is that our server takes about 4 hours to backup and compress all the domains it carries.

That's fine because it finishes at about 8am when people start rolling in the door.

But when it does a weekly, it takes 8 hours (for some reason copying the backup it just did isn't good enough).

I think you can see where I'm going with monthly, etc.

This just happened on a Tuesday. During business hours.

Is there any way to tell it which day of the week to perform a weekly or monthly backup?
    And no, I can't change the backup start time either because it would interfere with our overseas office.

2. rgpayne

rgpayne Well-Known Member

What about a daily and just check off monday - friday as backup days that way it backups saturday and sunday

3. jamina1

jamina1 Member

Much of our data changes from day to day, and it would be very risky for us not to back up at all during the week.
    I'd love to run the backup daily but currently it ran a weekly backup on a tuesday, and the last monthly it did was on a friday morning or something.

I'd just like to be able to tell it when it can do weekly / monthly / etc.