The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipe Email Error - disable or forward to different email address!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dotcomtim, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dotcomtim

dotcomtim Member

I have email piping successfully setup and working. I am wondering if is there a way that when the script runs and if an error does occur that the email it issues is either turned off or forwarded to another different email address rather than the email that original sent in to access the piped script.

Basically what I am asking is, when a client sends in a email the server reads the email - once in awhile (2x in 6 months) the server didn't read the formatted email correctly. Instead of issuing an email back to the client can I disable this feature or have it email myself.

Thanks

2. MattLee

MattLee BANNED

Hello,

This wouldn't be possible with a default cPanel configuration and would require some customization in your exim configuration file in order to support this. I can't be of much help with the specifics but the site that I use as a reference for most of my exim configuration work is: The big Exim tutorial « Janos Pasztor