Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Pipe email message to a php script. Script redirect message to diff addy?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by doni49, Oct 12, 2010.

1. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

I need to pipe email messages to a PHP script. The php script needs to insert a custom header in to the message and then forward the message on to a diff address.

I think I can handle the part of inserting the header. But once I've done that, how can I redirect the message? I want it to still show as having come from the original sender. It should look the same as if I had created an actual forwarder within cPanel.

TIA!

2. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

I just thought it might be helpful to give some more information as to what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a number of email forwarders that all forward to a couple of different email accounts (on the same server under my domain name). I need to have my script insert a header into the message that will provide some information that my email clients will look for. Then after the header is added, I want to forward the message on to it's final destination which is a different email address still on the same server and under my domain name.

What I mean by redirect is to do what the "MailRedirect" extension in Thunderbird does. A message that has been Redirected shows NOTHING about having been forward--until you look at the headers. Such a message still shows as being addressed TO the same addresses and from the same address. When I look at the headers, it shows "forwarded by", "forwarded on" etc.