The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piping email to a PHP script results in two copies of the email being processed

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Chen, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Chen

Chen Registered

Hi,

I have a PHP script on my server that intercepts incoming messages to certain addresses on the domain name. This is set up directly from valiases, i.e:
    This was working fine until we upgraded to CPanel 7 (or at least, that's when I think the problems started).

Right now, any messages sent to sales@domain.com are processed by newmail.php, but twice. I can tell from the log that the script is executed twice for the same message, so it's definitely not a problem with the script itself. However, if I change sales@domain.com to forward to some other address (not a pipe), it works fine and only one copy of the message is passed.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Chen

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Chen

Chen Registered

After some more testing it seems that this is only a problem when forwarding messages from a particular address. If I change valiases to something like this:
    Then it works fine, and the script only processes the email once. Of course, this puts the whole thing in a loop so it's not really a viable solution. :)

Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: