logikstudios

Nov 2, 2006
Personally i am going to wait till August to update. Let all the bugs sizzle out first. I dont want to upgrade a system which has 700 accounts on it and then has alot of errors.

Thanks,

Spiral

BANNED
Jun 24, 2005
Personally i am going to wait till August to update. Let all the bugs sizzle out first. I dont want to upgrade a system which has 700 accounts on it and then has alot of errors.

Thanks,
Suit yourself! I personally have 500+ servers deployed on Cpanel 11.1 Edge
with Apache 2.0.59 and SuPHP in full production use for quite a long while now
and also have helped more people than I can count do the same.

There really isn't any bugs to worry about ....

Most all you'll run into is just usually brainless things that are fixable
in 2 seconds after some of the Cpanel updates, that's about it.

norelidd

Jan 15, 2007
We are trying to make May 2nd now, but it might slip again.. (personally I've picked up 13 new cases in the last 16 hours). It really all depends on how qa feels about it next week. Likewise any more delays should be small :).
Wow, that's really unfortunate.

freedman

Feb 13, 2005
Thats a lot better then angry people who found a bug we missed :) right ? :confused: :confused: :confused:
This is definitely true, however, it's just unfortunate that so many people waiting for basically one or 2 features, have to be put on hold waiting for an entire huge release.

I'd have to say that the planning on this particular one wasn't ideal from a customer perspective :(

markfrompf

Mar 27, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know if I can wait any longer! :p

I'm tempted to put my cPanel to EDGE release so I can have it now. hahah...

MACscr

Sep 30, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

yes somehow, lol, cpanel themselves take months to fix them. so sad.

norelidd

Jan 15, 2007
Are we at least going to get WebDAV like we were promised so long ago?

I don't mean simply compiling apache with webdav, but also having a nice gui interface to add/remove users and dav shares?

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Are we at least going to get WebDAV like we were promised so long ago?

I don't mean simply co

If you haven't already been invited to join the edge users mailing list, please contact me directly at [email protected]

clearstr

Registered
Apr 1, 2003

Spiral,
Unfortunately some of us dont have your capabilities or knowledge :) Seconds for you, weeks for us :)
Perhaps you should send your fixes to the cpanel team to help them out.
Glad to hear you have it running so well. Thanks for helping the testing process. Hopefully it will be in release soon.
d

budway

Apr 16, 2003
I see cpanel is spliting into two base.

1) Dev and beta build for company that has the men power our no life to keep fixing the server.

2) Dying stable build with no features in few years.

I can just fell google closing the gap and cutting our joice because of lack of features,update and goal's.

cpanel really need's a boost

PS: I already asked a time ago for cpanel to make separate quotas (e-mail and Web) space so that we cold offer large e-mails with douth having users bogu's down the cpu with script's and etc.

But nothing was done and now we see more and more customers using offsite free e-mails (yahoo,google).

edit add/

Let's not forget the xdrive and other "web-disk" company's that have been eating a little of our market

(I'm only trying to improve cpanel as I'm a customer don't take this the wrong way)

Last edited:

Spiral

BANNED
Jun 24, 2005
Spiral,
Unfortunately some of us dont have your capabilities or knowledge :) Seconds for you, weeks for us :)
You are probably correct about the seconds for me and weeks for everyone else
but that is only because I have been a system administrator and programmer
for more than 30 years and after so many years, you can't help but be able
to look at a problem and immediately know what is going on instinctively.

My knowledge and experience is always available to anyone who needs me though.

clearstr said:
Perhaps you should send your fixes to the cpanel team to help them out.
Glad to hear you have it running so well. Thanks for helping the testing process. Hopefully it will be in release soon.
d
Actually I have offered my help to the Cpanel team on many occasions and very often
leave them email messages and information regarding current ticket problems to try
to help them resolve issues more quickly.

Sometimes Cpanel people write me back with thank you letters and get updates out
quickly and sometimes they are just stubborn and ignores me to go off to
learn the hard way and take a few extra weeks to figure out what I already
told them previously!

Anyway, I could not begin to tell you how many members of this forum community
that I have helped upgrade to Cpanel 11.1 with Apache 2 as it's been
enough that I am starting to lose count and would be willing to help
anyone else still out there that needs help with that.

Last edited:

gorilla

Feb 3, 2004
Sydney / Australia
Perhaps you could start your own control panel then , as your outstanding superior abilities could create that in just a few seconds as well :D

You are probably correct about the seconds for me and weeks for everyone else
but that is only because I have been a system administrator and programmer
for more than 30 years and after so many years, you can't help but be able
to look at a problem and immediately know what is going on instinctively.

My knowledge and experience is always available to anyone who needs me though.

Actually I have offered my help to the Cpanel team on many occasions and very often
leave them email messages and information regarding current ticket problems to try
to help them resolve issues more quickly.

Sometimes Cpanel is just stubborn and ignores me to go off to learn the hard way!

Anyway, I could not begin to tell you how many members of this forum community
that I have helped upgrade to Cpanel 11.1 with Apache 2 as it's been
enough that I am starting to lose count :)

Spiral

BANNED
Jun 24, 2005
Perhaps you could start your own control panel then , as your outstanding superior abilities could create that in just a few seconds as well :D
Actually that may very well be a possibility on the table! ;)

You are not the first to suggest the idea of developing a totally new control panel and,
I have had several different people come to me independently, over the last few weeks,
asking me specifically if I would consider developing a new host control panel as a possible
alternative to the various "quality control issues with Cpanel" and "lack of features of Plesk", etc.

The thing I am not totally certain though is if there is even a need for such a project?

Between Cpanel, Plesk, Ensim, and others, does the world really need another control panel?

EDIT: I really don't want to tie up forum space on Cpanel's forums talking about other
control panels just for political reasons but if you have comments about the topic
"pro" or "con", I would be very interested in getting your comments by private message.

Last edited:

smtalk

Feb 11, 2007
Lithuania, EU
Actually that may very well be a possibility on the table! ;)

You are not the first to suggest the idea of developing a totally new control panel and,
I have had several different people come to me independently, over the last few weeks,
asking me specifically if I would consider developing a new host control panel as a possible
alternative to the various "quality control issues with Cpanel" and "lack of features of Plesk", etc.

The thing I am not totally certain though is if there is even a need for such a project?

Between Cpanel, Plesk, Ensim, and others, does the world really need another control panel?

EDIT: I really don't want to tie up forum space on Cpanel's forums talking about other
control panels just for political reasons but if you have comments about the topic
"pro" or "con", I would be very interested in getting your comments by private message.

You forgot to mention DirectAdmin :) I don't think that there is a lack of features in DirectAdmin. It's secure and fast enough.

Snowman30

PartnerNOC
Apr 7, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
apache 1 to apache 2/ phpsuxec to suphp

has anyone got any comments on upgrading from apache 1 to apache 2 along with upgrading from phpsuexec to suphp?

i dont want to find any little hidden surprises that cause issues

freedman

Feb 13, 2005
has anyone got any comments on upgrading from apache 1 to apache 2 along with upgrading from phpsuexec to suphp?

i dont want to find any little hidden surprises that cause issues
I've got 2 servers in a round-robin configuration.
one's a cpanel server running apache 1, and the other is a server running apache2.
aside from some minor manual ammendments to the virtual host sections of httpd.conf
all is working pretty well.
I'm running fcgi on the second one, it took about 1/2 hour to get it configured and running but it's doing a nice job

I havn't written the script to sync the logs before a stats run, but on this particular set of hosts, uptime was more of a priority.

My assumption is, when the cpanel server is upgraded and moved to apache 2, they're shouldn't be any unforseen problems since everything seems to work fine on the other machine.

(for those that care, the db's are replicated in a master-master config, and the public_html's are synced with unison at 15 minute intervals)