The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please fix this bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostultra, Apr 4, 2004.

1. hostultra

hostultra Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2002
    When i add a domain which cpanel CANNOT detect the nameservers for it shows like this:

Nameserver ips for are: Sorry, that domain ( is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

How do i make it allow addon/parked domains where cpanel cannot detect the nameservers (eg. some international domains and newly registered/unregistered domains)

I have already selected the option "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that are not registered" in tweak settings.

it DOES WORK only when i check the box "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.] " but that is not good, when i have this enabled people try add domains like etc.. which allows them to intercept emails sent to that domain from other users on the same server