The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help - exim not receiving emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by abusaifedden, May 2, 2007.

1. abusaifedden

abusaifedden Member

Hi,
    Exim is not receieving emails but it is sending. Apparently, I am getting the following in the logs:

2007-05-02 02:45:05 DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout) for 144.152.101.82.relays.ordb.org: assumed not in list

etc

I am trying to remove all th rbl lists from /etc/exim.conf but I gave up as exim.conf is locked.

What shall I do ? Please help.

thanks.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

To exit exim.com you need to use the editor inside whm.

3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Think Jay meant "to edit exim". He's right, because if you edit exim.conf directly in shell it will be overwritten by cpanel on your next update. You need to use WHM to edit exim settings so that they will be applied after an update.

As an aside, you might not have to remove them all. "144.152.101.82.relays.ordb.org" - why do you have the IP address associated with the relays reference? Remove the relays pointer and you'll probably be okay. Relays was closed down at the beginning of the year.

4. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

hi,

remove ordb.org they stopped with there service a little while back .Exim conf is best edited through the whm interface (Exim configuration editor) because otherwise CPanel updates could overwrite exim.conf