The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help in changing servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dxer, Mar 14, 2003.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

I'am changing servers and I need first of all to change IP addresses for nameservers from my main domain registrar. But problem is that they told me I have to delete nameservers from each domain pointed to this nameservers, then change IP addresses. But I just need to change IPs , not nameserver names . Are they correct or not ?

If they are correct then I have to park all domain by registrar server , change IPs for nameservers and then again point all domain to my nameservers. This look strange , so I don't know what to think and do. I heard that changing servers is not a big problem but it seems it is.

I assigned IPs for nameservers on new server but when I want to add A entry I get old IPs for nameservers.

And what about main domain from which i use nameservers. Do I have to copy this domain account to new server before everything or ?

Can I copy all accounts from old server to new one if new one is not yet active or then can be problems with accounts? Both servers have CPanel/WHM 6

And what about transfering accounts. There is option to transfer/copy account with password and ordinary copy. What is the difference between this two options. If I choose with password then password is asked and I don't know my clients passwords ' What options to choose so complete account will be transfered (e-mails, passwords, materials) ?

Please help me deal with this

thanks

2. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

In addition to that

My registrar Value-Name.com told me that I must delete nameservers from all domains on server I have , change IPs , and then all over again point nameservers for each domain ?

I can not belive this is the way for just changing nameservers IPs. I'am not changing nameservers names but just IPs. I tried to change but error appeard every time so I asked registrar about that and got this answer.

What shell I do ?