The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, Help Me (Account Transfering)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4402734, May 5, 2006.

1. 4402734

4402734 Active Member

Hello,

I have two dedicated servers and want to transfer accounts from one to other server !!!

Is there any way to transfer these hosts without getting down time ? (servers have different name servers).

Thanks

2. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Transfer the domain account using the WHM transfer account script. Once done update the DNS.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

In addition to what mitul said, there is a great documentation on the WHM features and almost every thing you need to do at: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/

4. mitgib

mitgib Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I copied an account today from another hosting service to my server, everythign went fine, site is now working perfectly, but the account cannot be seen within WHM yet WHM emailed me about the account creation.

This was a simple cPanel to cPanel move, I've done this many times, but this is odd, how can I manually add the user into WHM so it can manage the package correctly, as I said, the site is working well on the server, the account does exist, just got lost by WHM somehow.

[edit]

Nevermind, found the answers with futher searching, seems I had moved the DNS days prior to make a smoother move for the customer, and the DNS record was owned by one of his other usernames, all sorted by deleting that entry in /var/cpanel/users/otherusername and running /scripts/updateuserdomains

#4 mitgib, May 7, 2006
    Last edited: May 7, 2006