The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by 0xy.Gen, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 0xy.Gen

0xy.Gen Registered

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
    I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
    Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

#1 0xy.Gen, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

First of all think about your domains disk space and bandwidth requirements and then go for appropriate hosting package from reliable hosting provider.

4. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Something to note here. Are you running any scripts? Are you streaming audio/video?

You only mention visits per day, and disk usage, but there are other factors, like bandwidth, cpu use, memory usage.

I have had sites with only 300 visitors a day, and only 500mb space usage, but they nearly took my server down due to poorly written scripts and unoptimized database queries. I was able to optimize them and they later had over 2000 visits a day with absolutely no problems.

So, find out exactly what they mean by 'server resources' and plan accordingly.

Brian