The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE help me recompile apache~!!

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by jclarkkent2003, Oct 3, 2005.

1. jclarkkent2003

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to recompile apache so it has ALL the modules installed or at least as DSO, but I don't know how to do that SUCCESSFULLY with easy apache.

Here is the CONFIGURE command I built from researching apache 1.3.33

./configure --with-layout=Apache --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-module=so --enable-shared=headers --enable-shared=expires --enable-shared=log_agent --enable-shared=log_referer --enable-shared=proxy --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-shared=speling --enable-shared=unique_id --enable-shared=usertrack --enable-shared=vhost_alias

Basically I need to enable the ones that are turned off, ESPECIALLY the ones I put in the configure command above, those are the REALLY needed ones.

How can I do this in easy apache? I cannot remember what options I turned on when I built apache over a year ago, so I am sort of afraid of rebuilding and screwing up my server with several hundred live sites.

Please help :)

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you could use build apache in WHM and load previous configuation an see waht comes up

3. jclarkkent2003

that would do NOTHING.

The entire REASON for recompiling apache is TO INSTALL the NEW modules that I don't have compiled in apache yet.

4. ramiel

ramiel Member

JClarkKent,

I've got the same problem. If you search the forums you'll see I'm the only guy that ever posted regarding thid auth_db module.

About 1.5 years ago I hacked cpanel's buildscript and got it to build it and it worked...

today by accident we had to upgrade the apache from 1.3.33 to 1.3.36 and my old buildscript won't work!!!!!

If you figured this out... please IM me... I'll pay you even! since time is of essence as my customer's site is having issue until I fix this.

Thanks,
    Ramiel