The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me to do this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bhanuprasad1981, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bhanuprasad1981

bhanuprasad1981 Well-Known Member

hello , i want to host one site in germany but its nameserver should be on my Netherlands server , i want to do such a setup so that even whois search of site everyone should see my Netherlands ip for that site, i know this is possible and has been implemented by one of my friend , both of server has cpanel on it, please advice.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While the nameservers could be in the Netherlands, the main IP for the site would still have to exist on the server in question and that main IP would be in Germany. I'm not certain precisely how the main IP could be in a location other than where the server resides.

If you want the nameserver IPs themselves to be elsewhere, simply setup a DNS only machine either on a dedicated or VPS server or using a dynamic DNS service in the Netherlands. If you use DNS only, you would cluster the cPanel server in WHM > Configure Cluster to set it to those nameservers that are off server.

3. bhanuprasad1981

i just want to proxy my german ip , who ever do whois search for my domain or ping my site should get my netherlands ip

4. bhanuprasad1981

its not because of seo but dmca takedowns my german dc is so proactive that it nullroutes ip very fast whereas my netherland dc gives me 48 hours time

5. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I think this can be possible by setting up a reverse proxy on your Netherlands's server(like nginx)..and redirect the http request to your German server using public IP address. The DNS stuff is obviuos, set the Netherlands's server as your NS at registrar end and configure the zone on that server.

Thank you.

6. bhanuprasad1981

so installing nginx without mod_rpaf and point a record to my german server will do the work ?