The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help NEWBIE [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jules1108, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Jules1108

Jules1108 Registered

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I suggest you need to contact your Web hosting company for help. These forums are for administrators and not end-users.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Andy, I've asked you before - please leave such issues to the forum Moderators.

cPanel users are allowed to post in the New Users forum (which I'll move this to in a mo').

4. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Active Member

Strange that the server isnt loading your index file automatically when just browsing with your domain name sans "/index.html"

Several things come to mind...

1) You've uploaded your index file with a capital "I" ..like /Index.html and servers are case sensitive. So apache on your hosting server may not be setup to recognize Index.html as an file to try loading by default. So try renaming your index file to index.html instead.

2) Inside of your public_html folder there is a file called .htaccess You can edit this file and add in this text:
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.asp index.jsp index.php

Basically any file you're likely to have as your main page you can add in that list. Save the .htaccess file once you've finished editting it.

If these two basic attempts to fix don't work, then you may need to have your webhost look into it further for you.