The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help: some mail messages are getting combined into one message

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tawfiq, Sep 19, 2004.

1. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

at least on one account with one of the domains on my server, sometimes i get several separate messages combined into one message.

what i mean is that u open the message, u see the first message then its immediatly followed by the headers and the text of the next message.

whats driving me even more crazy, is that its inconsistant, it doesnt happen always, but quite often.

i tried re-installed exim, deleting the mail account and re-creating it, restarting uw-imap/ccpop and rebooting the server. but no effect it still happens. i searched exim mailing list for any clues but nothing!

can someone please point me in the right direction of HOW to fix this? beacuse its really driving me crazy as i am now afraid of deleting any messages even spam on the risk that legitimate important mail messages might be combined with it.!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

What email client are you seeing this with? Webmail, POP3 PC client, imap PC client? It sounds to me that whatever it is you're using to read the inbox with has a bug.

3. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

i always use MS Outlook 2003, using POP3

the thing is i have other mail accounts on the same server and there is no problems with them!

however i will start to check the problem mail account using squirrelmail for awhile and see if the problem happens there too.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I would have thought Outlook would be fine. I guess it's possible that the inbox file has become corrupt or cppop is having a problem. I'd be tempted to read what emails I need to and then empty out (or just delete) the inbox file and stop/start cpanel (which will also restart cppop).