The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help - Strange Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samb0057, Jun 14, 2010.

1. samb0057

samb0057 Member

I started getting these randomly the other day. I then migrated everything to a new server, and now i get it on even more of my accounts. It's an openvz vps

can't write into /home/kunwar/.cpanel/nvdata.cache: No such file or directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/NVData.pm line 60
    Carp::croak('can\'t write into /home/kunwar/.cpanel/nvdata.cache: No such fil...') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 76
    Storable::logcroak('can\'t write into /home/kunwar/.cpanel/nvdata.cache: No such fil...') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 248
    Storable::_store('CODE(0x937e970)', 'HASH(0x19fd380)', '/home/kunwar/.cpanel/nvdata.cache', 1) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 236
    Storable::lock_nstore('HASH(0x19fd380)', '/home/kunwar/.cpanel/nvdata.cache') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/NVData.pm line 60
    Cpanel::NVData::_savecache() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/NVData.pm line 149
    Cpanel::NVData::_loadcache(1) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/NVData.pm line 181
    Cpanel::NVData::_get(undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ExpVar.pm line 156
    Cpanel::ExpVar::expvar('$NVDATA{\'x3_hideicons\'}') called at cpanel line 1443
    main::execiftag('<cpanelif $NVDATA{\'x3_hideicons\'}>') called at cpanel line 4043
    main::dotag_finished_headers('<cpanelif $NVDATA{\'x3_hideicons\'}>', 0) called at cpanel line 3867

2. samb0057

samb0057 Member

Home directories are all empty by the way

3. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you checked the messages log to see if there are any IO errors? You might be hitting a limit on the VPS.

df -i

Also make sure you are not out of innodes, along with the regular disk space.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check user_beancounters

Also, on Virtuozzo or OpenVZ, check the contents of the file /proc/user_beancounters for failures in the failcnt column (the last column). Failures in that column that increase over time indicate that you are reaching the resource limits of your VPS.