The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! User-Feature Manager problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robolovsky, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robolovsky

Robolovsky Member

Here is my problem. I have a hosting account with a provider using cPanel. I have set up a secondary user for the email admin using the User-Feature Manager, assigning him the role of Email_maintainer with no FTP access.

In order for him to be able to log in to the cPanel, he first has to use my master login credentials and then his own username and password.

This is surely a security risk as he then has my master login details. Although he cannot use these to access any cPanel areas that are outside of his assigned roll, he could use my login to gain FTP access to my site files via a third party FTP client.

The flaw in the system seem to be that he is required to use my master login before he can enter his own login. Unless I am missing something here, there appears to be no way around this dilemma.

I have tried disabling FTP access for the main account and then creating a Webmaster roll for myself with FTP enabled. However the system does not allow any secondary users FTP access if the main user account has this disabled. Very frustrating.

I am hoping that someone out there may be able to solve this but I fear it is something that would have to be addressed by the developers

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

also, please don't cross-post in multiple forums :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.