The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with nameserver problem.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mitty, Jan 20, 2011.

1. mitty

mitty Registered

Good day folks.
    I ran in to a strange problem and was wondering maybe one of you fine fellas out there can help me with advice.

I have a domain name (mydomain) ,

I have registered custom name servers at the same registrar ns1.(mydomain) and ns1.(mydomain)

The name servers pointing to my vps IP's

In my whm I added custom name servers ns1(mydomain) and ns2(mydomain) and edited A records for those name servers to point to my vps box' IPs

When I go to cPanel and try to add a domain it gives me the following error:

"Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 173.236.63.***,173.236.63.*** Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver. "

I found on the internet that I can go to " tweak settings" and allow users to park domains that resolve do another server but that's not the solution I am after.

I am sure there is something I missed since I lack experience with server management.

How can I make cPanel allow me to add domains?

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You need to make sure that any domain you are trying to add is already pointed at its registrar to ns1/ns2.mydomain which are your default name servers. You can check what name servers a site is pointing to at sites like INTODNS or CHECKDNS.