Please help with nameservers

mghq

Dec 15, 2009
Ok i got a VPS from FDC Servers today. They gave me three ip's, one for the server and two for the nameservers. I am wondering how do i make my nameservers work because they are not working. I use godaddy for domain if that will help in explaining

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Ok i got a VPS from FDC Servers today. They gave me three ip's, one for the server and two for the nameservers. I am wondering how do i make my nameservers work because they are not working. I use godaddy for domain if that will help in explaining
It will be necessary to register your new DNS/name servers at your domain registrar using the server IP addresses; I recommend referring to the following documentation resources:
Registering Private Nameservers
WHM Initial Setup - Step 4: Nameservers

mghq

Dec 15, 2009
Here is an error
Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Here is an error
Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
For DNS changes please ensure to allow at least 24 hours for DNS propagation from the time of the last change, such as registering new DNS servers, or when changing the DNS servers used by the domain as configured at the domain registrar.

Is there a firewall in-use that may be filtering access to or from the server?

Is there an account created for the domain yet, or does the DNS zone exist yet (on your new server)?

Via root SSH access what is the output of the following command?
Code:
# /scripts/setupnameserver --current