The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help with source

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helpinghand, Jan 23, 2010.

1. helpinghand

helpinghand Registered

Jan 23, 2010
    I have an issue with my script and not sure how to fix in cpanel. When you go to the main page of and click on register it takes you to a page that does not exist. how do I fix this? Not sure where to find it and new to cpanel coding. thanks alot for any help you can give me. I am also using swoopo script with mysql database and cron jobs, not real familiar with curl and that is where I am having difficulty.
    #1 helpinghand, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You might try renaming your .htaccess file just to test, as it appears the site is using short URLs via an .htacces file. (Just guessing) There is no cPanel coding involved here though. AFAIK, cPanel offers no swoopo script. If you installed this from your cPanel your host would have put it there so you'd need to ask them for assistance.

If this site/script has some sort of control/admin panel of it's own you might look in the settings for disabling short URLs there until you've solved where to place your files etc. If it doesn't, and you don't have a good FTP client so are using the File Manager, on first login to the File Manager, be sure to tick the option on the popup window to show hidden files. Doing so will allow you to see the file named .htacces in your public_html directory.

Find that, rename to .htaccess.bak and save changes. Refresh your website in your browser and try the link again.

Can't help much more than that. Good luck.
    #2 Infopro, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010