Please Help with these ssl issues

kongokobra

Registered
Mar 15, 2021
the devils nipple
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey all. I'm a newbie to understanding cpanel but learning slowly and surely. Decided to self teach myself after being disappointed by multiple people I've been paying for over 9 years.

I have attached pictures of my problem.

basically I used a free ssl from lets encrypt which secured my domain(?) but my cpanel account gives me a warning whenever I log in and the other elements of my website are not secure (see red lock). Is there a way to get them green? without paying $100?

when I ask people to check out my website, they say it works okay. It works okay for me on chrome and other popular browsers/devices but when I use my old blackberry smartphone the site is blocked and it says the certificate is not trusted or valid.

Also, it says I dont have DEDICATED i.p adress. Can someone please help me figure this out? do I have to pay for that too?

I hope I dont p*ss the experts off as I'm literally very new to this

I read a post online that cpanel needs a firewall, how do I check if i have one/have one installed?

This is my website but the guy doing the hosting is such a pain I decided to do everything on my own

and if it helps, this is an ecommerce site

thank you all so much in advance

looking forward to becoming an active member of the forum

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! No problem with asking questions, that's what we're here for!

How old exactly is this blackberry? If it's too old, it may not have the updated browser tools to properly secure the site, so that could just be a device/os/browser error instead of an issue with the site's certificate. The screenshots you provided look good to me.

There is no reason you need a dedicated IP address for each domain as that hasn't been a requirement for SSL certificates for some time.

There are different SSLs for each area you access. In order to answer that question, and the firewall question, do you have access to only cPanel or do you also have root access to the entire server? If you only have cPanel-level access, you won't be able to get those answers, but if you have root access to WHM we can try and get you some additional details on how to check these things.

Reactions: kongokobra

kongokobra

Registered
Mar 15, 2021
the devils nipple
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! No problem with asking questions, that's what we're here for!

How old exactly is this blackberry? If it's too old, it may not have the updated browser tools to properly secure the site, so that could just be a device/os/browser error instead of an issue with the site's certificate. The screenshots you provided look good to me.

There is no reason you need a dedicated IP address for each domain as that hasn't been a requirement for SSL certificates for some time.

There are different SSLs for each area you access. In order to answer that question, and the firewall question, do you have access to only cPanel or do you also have root access to the entire server? If you only have cPanel-level access, you won't be able to get those answers, but if you have root access to WHM we can try and get you some additional details on how to check these things.
Thank you so much for responding and for your very informative answers.
Indeed, the blackberry is a little old (2014 model). so it could be the browser is outdated for sure.

I only have access to the cpanel, not the whm. Should I ask the host to give me the details to whm? or is cpanel enough. further, should I ask him if there's a firewall installed?

Again, thank you so much for taking time to respond. In a world where almost nothing is for free, its truly a wonderful thing to get genuine help.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Your host won't give you the WHM details, but they may be able to get you more information on the SSL system from their end. There's definitely a firewall installed but you would not have access to it.

When you contact them, just explain the SSL issues you're seeing with the cPanel login itself and they'll be able to check that :D

Reactions: kongokobra