The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Please Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syedi121110, Mar 28, 2009.

1. syedi121110

syedi121110 Registered

Please help me i cannot access site from dedicated IP... I have to add ip/~username/ ...Normally when we allot dedicated IP to a domain it shows up through the IP....but when i go into the file manager of the domain , it shows www directory in public_html...My web data was in public_html folder but when i alloted the dedicated IP my domain it showed www folder in public html folder...so i transferred data from publichtml to (public_html\www\)...If the domain has to work properly the data should be in public_html folder directly....The IP is acting as a shared one or may be an unusual one.....Anyone there to help me...I am using VPS Dedicated Servers with whm installed.....

2. Warrenw

Warrenw Active Member
    PartnerNOC

The format of your post makes the issue you are facing a little hard to understand. Have you tried to ping the new IP to make sure it is working properly with your new domain?

3. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should be able to access the site VIA the IP without the ~

Is the account with the IP setup as a Reseller account? If so the reseller settings may be causing this. If a reseller is restricted to only using this IP to setup new accounts it becomes a shared Ip for that reseller. Look in the httpd.conf and search for the IP and see what it says.

We have never converted an account to a dedicated IP and cPanel add www in the public_html. The www should not be outside the public_html folder unless someone created on there, perhaps when they uploaded the site using Dreamweaver or FP. It should be a symbolic link for /home/user/public_html