The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLS HELP! I cannot open cPanel/WHM anymore!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rexleop, Jan 20, 2010.

1. rexleop

rexleop Registered

Jan 20, 2010
    hi guys,

Please help! I received this email from my server yesterday:

Subject: [statscheck] Stats/Server Overload on
    IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
    This is cPanel stats runner on! While processing the log files for user xxx, the cpu has been maxed out for more than a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of this email is 15:36:44 up 17 days, 1:22, 0 users, load average: 130.83, 130.69, 131.85

You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

I login via SSH followed it to edit the extracpus and save it, then i run /usr/local/cpanel/startup. But after that, i cannot open my cPanel & WHM anymore! But my site still running without any problems.

I tried start & restart the cPanel via SSH command - /etc/init.d/cpanel restart & service cpanel restart & /etc/rc.d/init.d/cpanel restart but still cannot open.

This is the cPanel status:
    root@server [~]# service cpanel status
    cpsrvd is stopped
    entropychat is stopped
    melange is stopped
    stunnel is stopped
    interchange is stopped
    qrunner is stopped
    Please help guys!!! I am panic!

#1 rexleop, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. ModServ

ModServ Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First of all, You are suffering from too much overload, This will make you face a lot and lot of problems, I think that first step you must do is to find where the load from, Lower it, force update of cPanel by this command "/scripts/upcp --force" without quotes, And I think that everything is gonna be ok.