PLS HELP! I cannot open cPanel/WHM anymore!

rexleop

Registered
Jan 20, 2010
hi guys,

Please help! I received this email from my server yesterday:

Subject: [statscheck] Stats/Server Overload on xxx.com
-----------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
This is cPanel stats runner on xxx.com! While processing the log files for user xxx, the cpu has been maxed out for more than a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of this email is 15:36:44 up 17 days, 1:22, 0 users, load average: 130.83, 130.69, 131.85

You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).
-----------------------------------------

I login via SSH followed it to edit the extracpus and save it, then i run /usr/local/cpanel/startup. But after that, i cannot open my cPanel & WHM anymore! But my site still running without any problems.

I tried start & restart the cPanel via SSH command - /etc/init.d/cpanel restart & service cpanel restart & /etc/rc.d/init.d/cpanel restart but still cannot open.

This is the cPanel status:
------------------------------
[email protected] [~]# service cpanel status
cpsrvd is stopped
entropychat is stopped
melange is stopped
stunnel is stopped
interchange is stopped
qrunner is stopped
------------------------------
Please help guys!!! I am panic!

MANY TAHNKS,

Leo

Last edited:

ModServ

Oct 17, 2006
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
First of all, You are suffering from too much overload, This will make you face a lot and lot of problems, I think that first step you must do is to find where the load from, Lower it, force update of cPanel by this command "/scripts/upcp --force" without quotes, And I think that everything is gonna be ok.