The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugin don't appear on feature list

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by alietors, Jan 21, 2015.

1. alietors

alietors Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have a plugin which is working fine on X3. I install this plugin on the old way

PHP:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_cpanelplugin plugin.cpanelplugin
    Installing it in that way gives me an entry on the feature list, because the featuremanager flag is active

PHP:
    featuremanager:1
    But now, I want to install that plugin for paper_lantern and when I use the new way

PHP:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/install_plugin plugin/ --theme paper_lantern
    I cannot see the plugin on the feature list, the install.json does not support the featuremanager flag.

For me is important to have the plugin on the feature list because I have different user and I do not want to "offer" the plugin to everyone, so with the feature lists I can do this easily.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This is not currently a feature of the install plugin script for Paper Lantern. We have an internal case open to address this (#146397), and work on this feature is scheduled to begin in the near future.

As a temporary workaround, you can disable the icons via the dynamicui file using skipobj. This is referenced at the bottom of the following document:

How to register a plugin with Paper Lantern

Thank you.