The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ help

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by WWN, Jul 1, 2005.

1. WWN

WWN Member

Hi we are looking for a way to offer free e-mail to our site visitors can nayone in here tell us how we can do it thew cpanel?

2. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

cPanel itself cannot help you, but there are some scripts out there that can help you.

I came across this perl script a couple months ago; it can be placed on any webserver, and all you need is the username and password to a cPanel account you want to offer the free webmail from.

http://darkmonkey.org.uk/download/Webmail.zip

This is not really a addon, but can be made into one I suppose? :)

3. WWN

WWN Member

Webmail

Ok thanks we will lok intot hat. Also we don't care if it thew cPanel or not all we need is a program that is cheap and wil let us setup a free e-mail servoce & offer e-mail to our members/visitors. it would also be nice if it had support for more then 1 domain.

4. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

You can always adapt the script to your needs, just add a few extra lines and you can have multiple domain support.

You will need to change the script slightly anyway, i do not suggest using it in its current form. It does not support any form of security against bots and will allow them to make up as many accounts as they want. It also does not collect any information about your customer, personally i like to know who they are, even if they are free or not.