The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poblems with easyapache option 6

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by webactivenet, Jul 10, 2003.

1. webactivenet

webactivenet Registered

Hi,

I'm trying to recompile apache using easyapache option 6, but the only problem is it get stuck at a certain point.

rm -f core *.o *~ lxdialog
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o lxdialog.o lxdialog.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o checklist.o checklist.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o menubox.o menubox.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o textbox.o textbox.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o yesno.o yesno.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o inputbox.o inputbox.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o util.o util.c
    gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE -I/usr/include/ncurses -DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -c -o msgbox.o msgbox.c
    gcc -s -L . lxdialog.o checklist.o menubox.o textbox.o yesno.o inputbox.o util.o msgbox.o -lncurses -o lxdialog

This is after choosing option 6, and it just gets stuck here. I left it for an hour and it didnt move.

Any suggestions.

Regards

Leigh

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. alwaysweb

alwaysweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Leigh, If you maximize your putty window to full screen size, and try /scripts/buildapache again, you should be in good shape. I found out (like you) that if your SSH window is smaller than the dialog box that easyapache is trying to show you, it'll just sit there indefinitely! Good luck.

3. essexguy

essexguy Registered

well I had actually resolved the apache situation, or so I thought. As it seemed to run fine after CPanel upgrade to 7.2.

But I tested your theory and made the shell window small, funny enough easyapache did just sit there doing nothing.

Thank you!