The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Point domain email question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by superiorhost, Apr 5, 2002.

1. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have a customer that has a site,,, he wants to be able to have a domain pointed at it, but have the e-mail set up differently.

ie: joe@domainB.net forwards to joe@domainA.com , and sales@domainb.net forward to sales@domainA.com , instead of the default box for domainb.

instead of all email going to the default mail box from the pointed domain.

Is this possible in this cpanel system yet?

Thank you,
    Tim L

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you do the list parked domains -& set up mail config, you can do this. I would check to make sure the valiases file for the parked domain is correct, though - I've noticed (but not yet reported) that when WHM adds the mail config, it adds a space at the beginning of the routing line and this causes exim to report the mail as undeliverable due to a relay failure. If you ensure that the parkeddomain.com file is set to

*: masterusername

and have set the mail config, mail should route per user instead of just default to the master username. If it doesn't when you test it, check /etc/localdomains and /etc/userdomains to make sure the mail config or original parking option added the necessary lines.

3. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Annette,
    I thought that may be what that link was for 'mail config' but did not know for sure...

they are doing great making the control panel, but it would be awfull nice if they told us how to use all its great features.. trial and error sucks when working on a live server :)

Thank you again,

Tim L