marios_thanos

Registered
Jul 3, 2018
Athens
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi.
I need some help.

I have a website called "example.com" in this ip "212.95.xx.xxx' at this dns "ns1.example.network , ns2.example.network" on a account 1.

I need to point the subdomain "articles.example.com" in this ip again "212.95.xx.xxx" with the same dns "ns1.example.network , ns2.example.network" but on a different account in the same hosting provider.

I think my question is as detailed as it can be .

Last edited by a moderator:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Make sure the subdomain is not already on that main account first, then you can create a new cPanel account using that subdomain. Assuming the main account is on the shared IP, the new subdomain can be on that same shared IP.

I think that's what you're loooking for.

Your forum profile lists you as Website Owner, you may not have access to create a new cPanel account.

marios_thanos

Registered
Jul 3, 2018
Athens
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I get this error.
(XID dn5prn) The domain “articles.example.com” may not be created by “vynn” because “example.com” is already owned by another user.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @marios_thanos

Based on that error it sounds like the domain exists on the server already under a different account as suggested originally by @Infopro you need to ensure the domain is removed from the other user's account.

Thanks!