cPanel & WHM Version
cPanel

addeib

Registered
Aug 13, 2021
Malaysia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I try to create a website using my client domain. I try to look in Alias domains but still do nothing.
And just wanna ask, can I create a subdomain in my Cpanel using their domain name?
If can what should I do?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Alias domains are used when you want to point two different websites to the content on the server. For example, you could have domain.com and differentdomain.com all pointed to the same account and document root.

A subdomain typically creates a subdirectory, such as sub.domain.com, with a different set of files.

There is no reason you can't create an Alias with a subdomain, as that does work fine in the interface.

addeib

Registered
Aug 13, 2021
Malaysia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! Alias domains are used when you want to point two different websites to the content on the server. For example, you could have domain.com and differentdomain.com all pointed to the same account and document root.

A subdomain typically creates a subdirectory, such as sub.domain.com, with a different set of files.

There is no reason you can't create an Alias with a subdomain, as that does work fine in the interface.
I already have my own domain example: domainA.com
But my client wants me to create a subdomain using their domain example:expo.domainB.com
So the question how can I create that? create a new domain using the client name(domainB.com)?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, there is no reason you couldn't create a subdomain just like that. If you wanted it to be under the same cPanel account, you would just create a new subdomain. If you wanted this to be a separate cPanel user, you can create an account with a subdomain through WHM.

Ashstyles

Dec 17, 2020
United State
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm attempting to build a website utilizing my client's domain. I tried looking via Alias domains, but nothing comes up.
And I'm simply curious whether I can use their domain name to establish a subdomain in my Cpanel.
Yes,
You can create the subdomain using Cpanel. Because it makes running your website simple, CPanel is one of the most popular control panel options. I am using Cpanel for 2 years. My experience is really Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: