The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointing DNS to New Domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by panelist, Mar 21, 2003.

1. panelist

panelist Registered

Hello-

I've been reading some of the posts here, and it seems you all are way beyond me. I have a simple question, and I hope you can give me an answer simple enough for me to understand.

I just got a resellers account at a hosting service with let's say "elusive" support. They told me I needed to change my DNS, but didn't explain how.

When I type my sitename.com into a browser, the broser error message says it can't find it. When I try to check my e-mail via Outlook Express, the error message says it can't be found.

I CAN see it by looking it up in register.com, but I can't get any access.

I'm sure it's just a simple click in cPanel, but I can't figure out which click.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Can you give us the domain name. Will help us to trace the problem.

3. Networkologist

Networkologist Well-Known Member

Do you have your own name servers?

If not, then login to your account at your Registrar (register.com?) and change the DNS/Hosting info to the name servers of your "elusive" :) Host. They should have at least told you what name servers to use.

4. panelist

panelist Registered

Thank you for your responses. I had some additional difficulties with the host, and just decided to cancel my account with them altogether. So I suppose my domain will be in purgatory for awhile until I find a suitable location to park.

Thanks again.