The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointing multiple accounts to one directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StewartObert, Feb 20, 2013.

1. StewartObert

StewartObert Registered

Feb 20, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I've been doing a lot of searching today trying to figure out if this is something that is possible. I've seen some requests but no answers. I figure I will start with an explanation. We have roughly 40 site's that run off a single database and a centralized backened for managing the data. I am hoping to essentially route all accounts for each one of the domains to one central directory containing the front end part of the application and allowing the application itself to determine what data to display based on the IP. I don't believe add-on domains are an option as I need to have each domain using it's own dedicated IP with an SSL certificate installed for the domain.

I am thinking I could override the domain in the httpd.conf file but I am hesitant to do so because based on my understanding if I do any updates on cPanel which I do regularly to ensure it is always up to date then this file will likely be overwritten effectively killing all the websites until I manually correct them. Ideally I am hoping this is something that can be done either directly or indirectly through cPanel but I am not sure of if or how this could be done.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.