The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor webmaster cornered by technology - please help me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mvel001, Sep 8, 2011.

1. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello People, let me tell something about me.

I am a poor webmaster with some knowledge of PHP and MySql. For the last 5 years I have created and managed succesfully several domains which now have grown to a dangerous limit for shared hosting services. Because high traffic on my pages, some instabilities began to appear. All people says to me "move to VSP servers", but I have no time to learn all the apache + linux + zillion of parameters necessary to run a VPS server.

I just want to update and maintain my pages instead wasting time with techinical problems.
    Even so, I decided to analyze the question, so I read lot of FAQs and documents about VPS servers and Cpanel (which it appears to me the most easy to work with).

I need some people to tell me "take easy, you are just concerned by nothing, CPANEL will configure your VPS automatically for you in a flush". I don´t want to solve problems where you need guest that apache command /var.etc/-ahtppalocal is used to solve your VPS troubles with DNS or something else.

My first question is: I need a hosting structure where I can configure a "/" (root) directory pointing to my first domain (to say www.myfirstdomain.com), then subdirectory /second to point to second domain (www.myseconddomain.com) and so son. I DON´T want sub-domains in the form second.myfirstdomain.com, but truly domain names with its own index.html files into every subdirectory, so for all instances (users and robots) they behave like true domains. Does Cpanel perform this task?, I read tutorials and watched videos but nothing seen about this question.

I need all these domains to share the same database (mysql). I asked my questions to several VPS providers but their answer always was "we don´t support VPS services, they are made for people who really KNOWS what they are doing".

So now is my second question: is there some company where I can apply for VPS servers PLUS support? (that´s to say, some people will take care of my vsp server and I will pay for this service).

Sorry to say I am not a big company, we are just me (to take care of technical issues) and some people who help me get data for my pages, so we are now cornered with very little options on hand.

Nex week I will apply for a linux VPS + Cpanel plan (they are not expensive), but here problem is not money but TIME to waste on these subjects

thanks

newuser

2. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Today I signed for a VPS plan

god have mercy on my....

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you want to have addon domains (true domains) pointing to different content but all using the same database in cPanel, you would simply create a new account in WHM > Create a New Account area, then log into that cPanel account you created in WHM > List Accounts by clicking the cPanel icon. Once inside the cPanel account, you can create new domains to go to their own content in cPanel > Addon Domains area. All domains can use the same database, which you can create in cPanel > MySQL Databases area.

4. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello Tristan, thanks a lot, you are a voice in desert. Today I took courage and entered in this new world. First thing I found was a guy named "virtuozo". What is this?, who did call him to my party?, then I tried configure initial values of cPanel, I think I understood half of them, another half I left to God care. Not to say thay nothing is working and I am completely lost. But I knew worst times, I will survive.