The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POP account error - unable to write to mailbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by denisdekat09, Nov 1, 2006.

1. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

Well, one server had a mail script that was abused, I got thousands of return emails and now my pop account got messed up.

When I try to check it I get

"unable to write to the mailbox. Make sure the filesystem allows you wrtie privileges, and you have enough disck space to copy the mailbox"

So I made sure both the email account and the cpanel account have tons of space, I can clear see that it is not a space issue.

I then moved my old files, recreated the account and it worked! But as soon as I checked email the second time I get the same freaking error. My PC has tons of space also, so I doubt it is the pc and the mail client. Why would it work when the email account is recreated?

Anyhow, cpanel has not really answer much regarding this issue. It took one day for them to write back to tell me the pasword did not work. Then they wrote me back to tell me they can email to the account without problems (totally missing the error and problem at hand). This answer came after 2 days of not being able to check my email. So at this speed, who knows when I am going to be able to check my email. Obviously this is not a top priority issue for Cpanel support...

As I enter now the third day, I am desperate to check my email but I am afraid Cpanel does not seem to understand this urgency nor care to understand the nature of my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem? I hate not being able to check my email for 3 days (and it looks like Cpanel now answers once ever 24 hours so I will probly get sutck another day and maybe more if I get another one of those answeers that have no solution to my problem).

Thank you!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ticket: 161411

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

Is other email accounts on your domain or other domains working fine? check your disk system as well.