The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POP and server rules

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Hans L, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Hans L

Hans L Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello:

I am new to SpamAssassin, but it is doing , as think, what it is supposted to do, which is marking suspicious mails ***SPAM*** and adding these headings (example):

X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=11.4
    X-Spam-Score: 114
    X-Spam-Bar: +++++++++++
    X-Spam-Report: [LONG!}
    X-Spam-Flag: YES
    Subject: ***SPAM*** [Subject]
    ---------------------

Strangely enough, I now get more spam to an email address that so far have had only very limited spam. Not fun, but I will survive.

What I would like to ask, so as not to go on a wild-goose chase, is that since I am using POP (and will continue to do so), can I still write server-side rules and make white/black lists?

In particular, since some discussion list posts we get by email have been listed as SPAM, can I "unspam" those server-side by writing a rule that anything TO xxx@yahoogroup.com (example) is not spam (I note that the white/black lists only have FROM)?

And, is there any way I can teach "my" SpamAssassin server-side by feeding it spam messages?

Any directions would be appreciated ... I will do the job myself, of course.

Regards/Hans L

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can still setup server-side filters and white/blacklists if you are using POP. These types of filters work before email delivery.

There is no native functionality available to enable SpamAssassin on individual email accounts. Have you considered using the "User Level Filtering" option? This option allows you to create and manage filters for individual email accounts. It's documented at:

cPanel - User Level Filtering

Thank you.