The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POP issues with email client

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Briton, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Briton

Briton Registered

Hey there...

I'm terrible sorry but what on earth does, "check your /etc/xinet.d/ for POP commands, in the default CentOS template you can get it has a POP3/POP3S server installed - disable it, restart xinet.d and restart cPanel's mail services" mean?

I'm having this problem and was following the thread so well, up to that part. (Perhaps because we're a small organisation, and I'm not a professional tech guy explains my lack of understanding)

Sorry and thanks

Briton

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: POP - mail client reject passwds.

Hi Briton,

>> Open the file /etc/xinetd.d/pop3 or pop3s and have a look at the option disable. If it is set to no, change it to yes and save file.

>> Restart the xinetd.d service using the command /etc/init.d/xinetd restart.

#2 LinuxTechie, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've moved this to a new thread. The issue with posting to an old thread from that many years ago is that services and configurations change. xinetd was used in the past and is not used with maildir for POP services on cPanel any longer.

If you could post the specific issues you are having, Briton, we might be able to help. The set email client being used and the exact error message.

Of note, you can always consider opening a ticket with support in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature if you have root level access (root WHM and root SSH) to the server.

Thanks!