The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop login problems on only one account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boylan, Oct 28, 2003.

1. boylan

boylan Member

I currently cannot login to all but the root email account on one account on my server. All worked fine this morning, but after I created a new CPanel account for another site, all email accounts on a previous account return this error message in Outlook
    (0x800CCC92)
    "Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your username and password in Account properties. The server responded: ?!RR Username/Password Mismatch perhaps boylan@yourdomain.com ?"

In addition, I cannot login through webmail either. The lone exception is the root email address which is accessible through POP and webmail.

All other CPanel accounts on the server are working perfectly fine.

Running WHM 8.5.1 cPanel 8.5.3-R2 RedHat 8.0 - WHM X v2.1.1

I've run /scripts/mailperm and restarted the server, exim and cppop. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

#1 boylan, Oct 28, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  2. Imai

Imai Well-Known Member

Exactly same problem here

I have this problem exact on WHM 8.5.1 cpanel 8.5.3-S3 RedHat 8.0 - WHM X v2.1.1

I can no longer create accounts because once I create an account this problem reoccurs.

Someone else with this problem?
    Someone knows how to get out of this?

Thank you

3. boylan

boylan Member

Fixed the problem by changing the login name from "username" to "username@domain.com" .

I presume the latter is the proper way to do it and the former was merely a wrong way that worked.