The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pop3 account creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikkers, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Nikkers

Nikkers Member

Does CPanel have a feature to allow users to add themselves to the POP3 mail in cpanel?

I am guessing it is via using "remote access" however the sample perl/php and related manual pages are complex and not packaged for distribution.

Is there a php frontend form that pairs with a backend script including config & install instructions?

I have found cpanelmail from lucidstorm but it It is unsupported and is not working with no clear advice from an expert on what is the solution/requirement.

So how about cpanel itself? is there any support here?

Thank you in advance.

2. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

cpanelmail was working

I had cpanelmail working until just about 1 1/2 hrs ago when I did a Tweak Settings to add Squirrle mail.

I removed it and still the cpanelmail script will not work.

I am running

Not sure what happened. I have tried /scripts/fixmailman also.

3. Nikkers

Nikkers Member

available scripts

The WHM includes "
    A reference implmentation of an automatic account creation script is avalible Here.
    IMPORTANT!! This script is only a sample, you should modify it to provide account signup security based on your account setup policies."

is there installation instructions for this to show the dir strucutre, permissions etc?

4. nconroy

nconroy Member

New version of CpanelMail!!!

Hi all,
    Just to let you know there is a new version of CpanelMail. All problems have been fixed we are now considering it one of our major software projects. Support will be swift, updates will be provided and you guys are the ones who will benefit.
    We have moved to a payment for the script, but at $15 and as the only script out there like this, we think the move is justified. This payment will allow us to devote the time and resources necessary to keep this project going, and of course you guys happy.
    Thankyou all for your participation in pushing us to develop this unique piece of software.
    To purchase please click on the link below.

http://www.lucidstorm.com/scripts.php

Thankyou

LucidStorm.com

5. moonwizard

moonwizard Member

already?

Is this script already in development?

6. princeshoko

princeshoko Member

i been trying to get something like this to work for what feels like ages. Cpanel should include a feature to allow things like this to be turned on in WHM so a root user like myself can turn it on within my own cpanel account.

HINT HINT HINT