The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pop3 accounts locked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abubin, Nov 23, 2005.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

I am having this problem where emails get delayed in the queue because of locked email account.

I have this account where some of the users are being forwarded to this "common" account. I have schedule downloading email from this account every 15 minutes. But the problem is, sometimes, while this mail box is being downloaded, any new email that try to come in will be delayed due to this mail box being locked.

The email will be stored in the queue until next try to send the email. Sometimes it is still locked because coincidently it is being downloaded.

Is this how exim works? I don't remember having this problem previously. Is it due to new version of exim or the maildir thingie? I didn't update to maildir, i am still using that other package (forgot the name) which is already being updated to latest release version.

Thanks in advance.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That is one of the major benefits of the migration to maildir - it addresses the issue of locking when emails are being delivered and POPed at the same time. If you want to be rid of those, then you're going to need to convert.

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

thanks, I am going to convert then.