The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port 2083 Default Page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jallekobber, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Jallekobber

Jallekobber Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello There,

I have the domain unqhosting.com and I am offering cpanel services. I want to do so when you get to my subdomain cpane.unqhosting.com then you should be able to login but that is the default page of cPanel.

I wanted it since I want a footer link to the login of cPanel so I not only use theirdomain.com/cpanel to login but this could be working for all. I do not want it so it is the IP of my cpanel server and then the port. I would look better if you do http://cpanel.unqhosting.com and you would be able to go to your cPanel website login with your deetails instead of having http://cpanel.unqhosting.com:2083

Thank you in advance.

Jacob.

2. Jallekobber

Jallekobber Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    bump this now

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Jacob,

You have not setup the subdomain cpanel.unqhosting.com in your cPanel > Subdomains area, right? If you have done that, please remove it. That subdomain cannot exist in cPanel on an account.

After ensuring the subdomain is removed from cPanel > Subdomains area, then select WHM > Tweak Settings and in that area ensure these two are set to on:

You might also want to set "Proxy subdomain override [?]" to Off. After you've done this, please run the following:

Code:
    /scripts/proxydomains
    At that point, restart Apache and check that your cpanel.unqhosting.com url works for the cPanel login page.

Thanks!