The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibility to integrate Drag drop sitecreator with Cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PFork, Jan 24, 2005.

1. PFork

PFork Registered

We have been told about the quality of Cpanel. I am wondering about possibility of getting help and advices on integrating our online site builder script with Cpanel. It could be in the interest of both companies to work together and compete with the offer SW-soft makes with its site builder. This integartion is a short stopper for many Cpanel clients.

We are also looking for opinions about our site builder from Hosting companies as well. We released it a month ago with a unique drag and drop technology.

It is compatible with Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers (so works on Windows, Mac and Linux). It has advanced features as for instance a database creation / management (forms creation, shopping cart, etc,...).

The address of the demo is http://www.dragdropsitecreator.com/demopage.php
    You can also try the full software on www.sqlf.com/login.php with username "iwdn" and password "12345"

I am eager to get any feedback, positive and negative on it. :)

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

well at first glance it kinda looks like a kid made it ..well not that bad really. The graphics and fonts don't look very professional ***yet** but I messed with it a bit and I love it. I would love to see it in cPanel!!!! it looks very promising!!

I take that back about the looks. I have been messing with it more and it doesn't look bad at all. And it seems to function!!!!

#2 rpmws, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  3. PFork

PFork Registered

Thank you very much rpmws. It does function indeed. The nice thing is that you are not limited in how far you want to go. It is meant to be very basic and simple in the beginner version (to make it accessible to first time users), but while learning to use the software and go with advanced features, you can see that there is tools which allows you to build professionnal website. www.jon-linfoods.com and www.sheabutter.org are examples of database dirven websites built with the site builder exclusively (even the database tools are part of the software - you can add them as php packages in the "software update" section). There's a content admin, filemanager, and so on.

Our goal is to attract first beginners to webdesigning thanks to webhosting companies - since it is the original market for online site builders - but the software has been thought to become a substitute of advanced offline web authoring tools. It needs to be perfected to become one, but we'll get there.

The neat things is that different people can add to the website based on their range of skills. A programmer can add/write scripts, a designer can perfect the look, a CEO and his company employees can change the content in real time. And curious people can do all of it on their own.

For the interface look we will work on it. We have been told already that it needs improvement and it is absolutely correct. But beyond the aesthetic I think there are really nice things to play with in this software.

Can you tell me what needs improvement and what functions you like specifically?

#3 PFork, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  4. PFork

PFork Registered

PFork

I just wanted to add, that now Drag Drop Site creator supports C-Panel! :)