The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Cpanel Conflict

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaymc, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaymc

jaymc Well-Known Member

Previous i was running cpanel on my server, with Apache 1.3 and PHP 5....

Ive since stopped using cpanel due to no license, however ive kept it installed incase i wish to renew

I have also upgrade Apache to version 2....

Since that, Apache has been randomly restarting, giving a SIGTERM error in the apache error logs...

Now ive done a bit of research on the issue and from what i gather Sigterm means another program is effecting Apache, and causing it to shut down

Now i was wondering, if cpanel is til lrunning, it will assume i have apache 1.3 installed, and when it does its regular service checks, and see's apache 1.3 is not running, could it be restarting Apache....

Also, how the hell do you stop cpanel

service cpanel stop works, but it will jsut restart its self 5 minutes later, how can i completly kill it from existance without uninstalling it

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this forum is not for discussing issue with software that is simply not supported and will break cPanel. If you want help with it, you will have to wait until cPanel support it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.