The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible exim suggestions

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jerrybell, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jerrybell

jerrybell Well-Known Member

I just started using whm/cpanel earlier this week, but I've been using exim for years. I've been poking around, and I have a few suggestions, but I don't know what the proper channel is:

It looks like cpanel ran into the problem with not being able to apply settings to a particular domain, and if the message is destined for multiple recipients on different domains on the server, only the settings of the first domain apply. I had worked around that like this:
    In acl_smtp_rcpt:
    defer message = Try this address again shortly
    condition = ${if and {{and \
    {\
    {def:acl_m0} \
    {!eq {${acl_m0}} \
    {} \
    } \
    } \
    } \
    {!eq {${domain}} \
    {${acl_m0}} \
    }} \
    {1}{0}}
    This basically compares the currently processed domain to the previous one, and if it's different, it throws a defer on that address, and the ones before are processed. The sending mail server retries the failed address and is processed with proper domain settings. Somewhat of a hack, but I've been using it for a long time and it works.

Oncw you do that, per-domain settings are possible on things like how to change the subject line. What would be nice is to have a few options, on a per domain basis, for how to flag trhe subject line. The best example is an option to include the spam score in the subject.

I may just not have found it yet, but it doesn't appear that individual domains are able to set their own tagging and rejection thresholds. I would think that is an important requirement for most customers.

Anyhow, just some suggestions.

Jerry