Possible for end users to find out about hardware info?

[email protected]

Mar 5, 2002
Los Angeles California
Hi guys,

Is it possible for an end user who has no access to cpanel to find out about the server info(processor,drives,RAM) via PHP or any other language?

alex042

Sep 13, 2003
Sure, there are several ways someone could find info about the server. Many of those depend on how you have your server security setup.

eazistore

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
Originally posted by [email protected]
Hi guys,

Is it possible for an end user who has no access to cpanel to find out about the server info(processor,drives,RAM) via PHP or any other language?
Hi Roy,

I have install a script which can show some info on your server. You can take a look if it suit your needs here http://www.eazistore.com/server/

Please drop me a mail and I could pass you the script :)

Rgds,
Vincent Kam

alex042

Sep 13, 2003
It's even easier than that. If anyone has access to upload a file to the server, all they need to do is create a php file and add 1 line with phpinfo in it and they basically have a list of all kinds of stuff on the server unless this is disabled at the server level.

sagehost

Feb 11, 2004
Originally posted by alex042
It's even easier than that. If anyone has access to upload a file to the server, all they need to do is create a php file and add 1 line with phpinfo in it and they basically have a list of all kinds of stuff on the server unless this is disabled at the server level.

Mind sharing what that one line would be?

-sage