The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible suggestion? or is this possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamint, Dec 14, 2004.

1. adamint

adamint Member

hi guys and girls

not sure if its been suggested before or anything like that so dont shout at me

i was thinking earlier if i could do this kind of thing

ive got my main whm login and full access to the server and in whm ive got access to everything

now what id like to be able to do is to create a user attached to this main whm account but only give them access to reset passwords and create new accounts and general basic admin stuff

reason is, theres me who deal everything technical, most technical queries etc etc and theres my mate who deal with accounting and general sales n stuff, but im off up and about etc so id like to be able to create him a user account which when he logs into he has only access to reset passwords and create new accounts while im away.

he doesnt know alot of linux or cpanel beyond a reseller account so i dont want to give him the links to everything else to prevent any unwanted damage to the server and let him list accounts for accounting and usage, upgrades etc.

anyone know if theres anythign that will let me do this? or whether theres something in the pipeline?

not really urgent since were still planning, developing and trying to work everything out with it all.

many thanks
    adam

2. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    ontopic: one way would be to make a special theme for your mate, with less features.

offtopic: is there a way i can restrict root access to 2086/2087 to all ip's but a few? and of course leave free access to resellers?

i mean...securing your ssh, changing the port, blocking with firewall is nothing, if someone has root access to whm. in my opinion, the only thing standing between a cpanel server and a hacker is a strong password.