The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to run Cpanel on Fedora 11?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DigiCrime, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

Only problem I seem to have is getting Perl to install but otherwise everything went fine. Getting Perl to run looks like I need to change gcc and db4 versions but what else it is going to break I'm not sure yet. I know it isn't supported but would be nice -- seems to be the only thing holding me back is a Perl installation.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It might be possible but it is not suggested: System Requirements - cPanel Inc.

Any reason you don't go with CentOS? We always try to steer our clients away from FC for a server, it just makes no sense in most cases.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

Ah I have CentOS servers and Ive ran into some issues when installing dev tools and other odd things where Fedora had it already figured it would be just easier to do a fresh install and see what happens. I'm pretty sure that installing what is needed for Per 5.88 some portions of apache are not going to work just a guesstimate.

4. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ah, hmm. I wonder if you would be better off just source compiling the developer tools on CentOS. I guess it just depends on your priorities, do you want cPanel easier to update or do you want the dev tools easier to update :)