Post upgrade to Apache 2.4 PHP problems

ScottTh

Jan 28, 2013
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide an update to the Apache 2.4 upgrade discussion. EasyApache version 3.22.17 has been released and the change log can be seen here: 3.22.17 Change Log.

Two bug fixes were included in that release that fix specific issues with Apache 2.4 and the Cloud Linux operating System. Those are just the first steps we're taking to address some of the 2.4 issues some admins have been reporting. The EasyApache team has been working in collaboration with the cPanel&WHM developers to continue to address issues reported in this thread. By the end of 2013 additional fixes for 2.4 issues will be released alongside new cPanel&WHM versions. I'll update this thread when the additional bug fixes are available.

Thank you all for your patience and please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments!

lbeachmike

Dec 27, 2001
Long Beach, NY
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide an update to the Apache 2.4 upgrade discussion. EasyApache version 3.22.17 has been released and the change log can be seen here: 3.22.17 Change Log.

Two bug fixes were included in that release that fix specific issues with Apache 2.4 and the Cloud Linux operating System. Those are just the first steps we're taking to address some of the 2.4 issues some admins have been reporting. The EasyApache team has been working in collaboration with the cPanel&WHM developers to continue to address issues reported in this thread. By the end of 2013 additional fixes for 2.4 issues will be released alongside new cPanel&WHM versions. I'll update this thread when the additional bug fixes are available.

Thank you all for your patience and please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments!
Thanks for the update. I'm anxious to move to Apache 2.4, but still somewhat confused by where things stand. Does there exist anywhere a simple summary that breaks down what mixtures are known to be problem-free and which area not as well as what the actual issues are? It's not clear to me from the update here whether EasyApache 3.22.17 fixes all of the CloudLinux-related issues or just some of them, since you also mention "additional bug fixes" coming by year end.

Thanks.

sonicthoughts

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks for the update. I'm anxious to move to Apache 2.4, but still somewhat confused by where things stand. Does there exist anywhere a simple summary that breaks down what mixtures are known to be problem-free and which area not as well as what the actual issues are? It's not clear to me from the update here whether EasyApache 3.22.17 fixes all of the CloudLinux-related issues or just some of them, since you also mention "additional bug fixes" coming by year end.

Thanks.
I couldn't agree more - I'm still confused on the status of apache 2.4 support and what the PHP DSO issues are.