post your signature if you want apache 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-profisoor

Registered
Jun 12, 2005
Hello every one ;

from very long time and we are dream to use apache 2 with cpanek

how long we should wait to use apache2.2 ??

please form every post his/her signature to tell cpanel we want apache 2.2

sketchynet

Apr 9, 2005
I want it...theres no excuse why we cant have it, you have millions, if not billions of people using your software and you cant keep it upto date?

I hereby place my signature onto the petition for Apach 2 support in cPanel & WHM

(Be carefull...people will soon be calling it a Micro$oft product!)

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
Details concerning the progress of cPanel's release of Apache 2 can be found in the relevant bugzilla entry: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2299

Apache 2 support is already available in the BETA tree and so it shouldn't be too long now before it is available in EDGE.

Simply adding the option to install Apache 2 would be relatively dead easy, however the new easyapache needs to do a lot lot more than that such as reliably migrate between Apache versions and manage Apache addons so that only those available to the version of Apache you are using are allowed.

Give cPanel time to get this right - it's worth the wait.

bmcpanel

Jun 1, 2002
webignition said:
Details concerning the progress of cPanel's release of Apache 2 can be found in the relevant bugzilla entry: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2299

Apache 2 support is already available in the BETA tree and so it shouldn't be too long now before it is available in EDGE.

Simply adding the option to install Apache 2 would be relatively dead easy, however the new easyapache needs to do a lot lot more than that such as reliably migrate between Apache versions and manage Apache addons so that only those available to the version of Apache you are using are allowed.

Give cPanel time to get this right - it's worth the wait.
Yes, take the time and do it right. That is the important thing.

Hans Luijten

Registered
May 24, 2006
Doing it careful is a good thing, doesn't mean we don't want it badly though ;)
I'd love to have Apache2 ! ;)

oulzac

Aug 7, 2005
Why would you love to have it so bad, what do you think this is really going to give you, other than the fact its the latest version, its not like its necessary, or your server is hackable by not upgrading.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
There are plenty of apache 2 request threads, please don't start up new ones. The bugzilla entry is there and repeated in most of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.