The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

postfix to exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by claudio, Mar 28, 2008.

1. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

is it possible to migrate postfix to exim

i have the mysql from postfix with all users and passwords but passwords seems to be cryptografed and i also have the hard disk with all maildir from postfix

i can create a script to create at cpanel from this customer all email accounts

and then copy messages to maildir maybe... or let both online and they can access old and newserver

but how can i decode this passwords or use then are they (the password formats i mean) compatible ?

well thanks for any information you could send me

Claudio

2. idealso

idealso Active Member

If exim can use the same encryption as your database, then you can just manually copy the hashes into the password files (after setting up the email accounts, of course). Otherwise, you can try running a password cracker on the encrypted passwords, which will recover all of the weak passwords. For users with good passwords, they're going to have to get their passwords reset somehow.

3. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

dude

thanks i will try some of this alternatives

if anyone else know more regarding postfix or exim please let me know

i know postfix has a Mysql DB with all users and passwords and exim as i notice it stores the passwords inside of each maildir folder ?